Establish Prayer in Your Home
House of Prayer is an invitation to lead your household in a weekly, simple and powerful prayer time.
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15b
We believe that honest and consistent prayer makes a difference, here's how you can make a start:
- Schedule a weekly time in your diary - start off with 15-20 min
- Keep your appointment to pray
- Stay on track when you pray
- Repeat weekly
We encourage you to include four key prayer points:
- Pray for your home
- Pray for your family and extended family
- Pray for our church
- Pray for our city
You can also use this prayer model to P.R.AY. in your home.
"My house will be called a house of prayer" Matthew 21:13a
Some more info
There are so many different creative ways that you can be part of this, no matter what your life-stage or household situation.
- If you have a young family and are constantly interrupted, be encouraged to do your best without giving up, whatever that looks like from week-to-week
- If you live by yourself you have lots of options. You can pray by yourself or arrange to pray with someone, in person or on a call
- If you live in a share house, invite others to pray with you
- If you have older kids, start to include them and model prayer for them.