Learn how to pray
A message from Ps Andrew & Bek: The Bible starts and ends with a captivating picture of a garden. This garden represents a place where heaven and earth meet. It’s where people walk and talk with God. God invites us into the garden; a thriving spirituality that is authentic and personal. One of the main ways we accept this invitation is through prayer. Our hope is that every person is encouraged and inspired to prioritise time each day to learn to walk and talk with God. We are committed to helping you on this journey, no matter what your starting point. Our prayer is that it will become a source of life and strength and that you will see the benefits in every area of your life.
Bible with us
Bible reading and prayer go together. It’s in the Bible that we see the character, truth and purposes of God revealed. Join us in daily reading, or listening, to the Bible through the Bible in One Year plan. In your journal, write down a verse that you feel God is speaking to you about from your daily reading.
We have developed a simple model for prayer that is easy to remember, P~R~A~Y. We encourage you to find a quiet space, jot down a few notes for each point then pray them out loud.
Praise and Thanksgiving
See God for who He is and thank Him for what He has done.
Praise and Thanksgiving Examples:
- List an attribute of God’s character from the Bible (Healer, Love, Provider, etc)
- List people and things you are thankful for
Repent and Receive
Change the way you think about God and yourself. Admit your need for God and your failings. Receive His grace and His truth for your life.
Repent and Receive Examples:
- I’m sorry for my limited thinking in the area of…
- I’m sorry for my actions and thoughts...
- I receive your truth...
- I receive grace for...
Ask for what you need, ask for God to speak to you, ask for others needs, ask for God to change your heart.
- List your needs for breakthrough, answered prayer and direction
- Ask God a specific question
- Pray scriptures based on God’s promises
What is God saying to you? What is God asking you to do? Say "Yes".
- God, I think or feel you are saying... (It’s ok if you are unsure)
- God, I’m saying yes to...
We hope it encourages you!